Thursday, March 29, 2012

Poetry - California Sunset

My husband Tom and I spent the night in Carmel recently and I took photos of the beautiful sunset. The photo below is my favorite. I must stick my toes in the sand at least once each month or I just don't feel right. Hope you enjoy.

California Sunset

The rippled and mirrored glass see reflects the sun in its orange and pink glory
Barefoot lovers huddle close under blankets awaiting the magic of the sun lowering into the abyss
Blue waves diminish into small layers of foaming salt water gently crashing upon the shore
Mist sprays the Cypress trees and kisses the faces of onlookers gathered in awe
Closed eyes strengthen other senses and I hear the birds and the sound of sand sliding
I feel so small facing such a big beautiful monster
The sun and warmth disappear and the beach is deserted except for a few who brave the cold to linger.
Breathe.
I am centered. I know where I come from. Breathe in. breathe out.
Love is possible, beauty is everywhere waiting to be discovered, and a new day begins.


No comments:

Post a Comment